The Franklin County Health Department on Wednesday, April 29 announced receiving one new positive case for COVID-19, bringing Franklin County’s total number of positives to 96. The new patient is an adult. No further information about the patient will be released due to privacy laws.

Health Officials also announced that 13 patients have since recovered from the coronavirus and have been released from quarantine, bringing Franklin County’s total number of recovered patients to 72. Two of the recovered patients are in their 70s, and had previously been reported as removed from a ventilator but still in the hospital.

“It is great to hear that 72 of our 96 citizens who had coronavirus have recovered,” stated Commissioner Tom Linkel. “We are anxiously awaiting the Governor’s press conference Friday afternoon to determine where we go from here. With that said, it is important, more now than ever, to continue to stay home as much as possible, to continue practicing social distancing and wearing a mask when it isn’t possible, washing your hands and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces,” continued Commissioner Linkel. “It is critical that everyone do their part to help prevent a second wave,” said Commissioner Linkel.

For the latest information on COVID-19, go to www.franklincounty.in.gov or on Facebook at Franklin County Indiana Sheriff’s Department and Franklin County Health Department.